PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Tarkan: "I love Turkey, but I want the whole world"

Olya TnUnited
26-06-08, 11:25
The main pop-star of the nowadays Turkish music industry performed in St. Petersburg and introduced his new album "METAMORFOZ". From singer's words, "Metamorfoz" is a blend of traditional eastern beats and pop. Also, this CD is fully in turkish. But accept the fact that energy of the green eyed Prince of Bosphorus was understandable by our country's fans not even understanding the language.

- Tarkan, please tell us about your show in St. Petersburg?

Oh, trust me, you will see a great show, hot rhythms, beautiful decorations, fabulos fireworks show. And, of course, the professionalism of musicians team will help me not to disappoint my fans.

- Some time ago you brought the Eurovision (European view of music) to your country without even knowing English language. Did it help you to make a career at your homeland?

Yes, at that moment it seemed like all dreams come true. It was crazy, a whole bunch of fans, constant use of bodyguards and a big attention from media. I was even the first male to be on the cover of Turkish "Cosmopolitan". Local TV and RADIO channels were interviewing me. That time I went on my first international tour.

-But later you started to sing in English. Is world not ready to accept the star from a muslim country?

Of course in our day islamophobia is a common thing, but I don't think it will affect my career in any way. I think it's opposite: from me people get a different view of Middle East. May be at the begining there were some problems though. But I feel myself as a citizen of this world. More than 10 years now I live in New York City. I was born in Germany and then moved to Turkey. But whatever happened, I'm more of a turkish way of thinking and culture. Most of my friends are turkish and I love the wormth and friendly personality of my people, the width of their nature.

-Why don't you live in Turkey all the time then?

To be honest, when I turned 14, our family decided to move back to Turkey, where my father got an offer to work as a bulding designer (architector). It was hard because I had all my friends in Germany and I didn't really know my native language. My sisters Gulay and Nuray refused to come back and stayed in Germany. My life in my homeland seemed like hell to me. I couldn't get used to the turkish way of living. Everything I got used in Germany was not allowed in Turkey, like bright tops, ripped jeans and piercing. I got my hair cut and was sent to the Istanbul Conservatory.

- Is that true that in your childhood you wanted to look like Elvis Presley?

He was my idol. I was obsessed by Elvis and Sheikhn Stevenson in my childhood. My whole room was stuffed with their posters. Once I told my dad: "You will see, I will be as famous as they are".

- Your songs are really known in Russia. Where else are you as popular?

My biggest fan clubs are in Russia, USA, Mexico, UAE, and Singapore... here is an answer.

- Once you performed in St. Petersburg before. What are your thoughts about Russia?

I remember that the biggest excitement for me were "pelmeni"(russian dish), and pan cakes with red caviar. Once in St. Petersburg, me and my girlfriend decided to go out and I was recognized by one of the female fans. (it was the story when a fan gave him a whole bunch, made as a necklace, of russian "bubliki (http://gvc04.virtualclassroom.org/gvc04c16/russia_food.htm)"- dry bread rings)

- If it's not a secret, did you ever think of getting married?

Me and my girlfriend are together for 8 years. Earlier I wasn't a fan of the "marriege institution". I didn't like the word "merriege" itself. I thought that a human should live and enjoy the life, to love and don't have any borders. Merriege is not the answer for how to get rid of lonelyness. Merriege should be tested and wanted. But now I'm not that aggressive to it, so may be soon I will change my mind.

sourse: http://novostispb.ru/2008/06/20/tarkan-ja-ljublju-turciju-no-mne-nuzhen.html

:1:

herseyim
26-06-08, 12:30
thank you :)

x_y_z
26-06-08, 13:13
thank you very much Olya ;)

stranger
26-06-08, 17:49
thanx Olya :10:

Rumeli59
26-06-08, 18:33
thank you very much oyla:41:

Olya TnUnited
27-06-08, 11:47
nothing to thank for :P

Inge
27-06-08, 15:03
Thanks Olya...now it is also clear that Tarkan and Bilge are still together (for those who are wondering about this)