PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : BBC Interview

**MegaStarkan**
30-03-08, 14:31
scorpioness did record the first part of this interview
To download it click here
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/images/download.gif (http://rapidshare.com/files/103399181/BBC_Tarkan_part-1_Tarkancoll.wma.html)
__________________________________________________ ______________

Tarkan: Turkish rock, hip-hop not original

"Turkish rock, Turkish hip-hop is not original, its something we really are not," says pop megastar Tarkan -- who made a comeback to the Turkish pop music scene with the December release of his album "Metamorfoz" (Metamorphosis) -- of the latest trends in Turkish music.

Tarkan made his remarks to BBC London 94.9 FM during an interview to be aired on Saturday.
"Pop is changing direction in Turkey I think, because it has been overdone and overused so many times in Turkey. So many songs that were not really hits [were] played by radio stations and we got sick of them and you know mostly, just one song on an album was a hit and the rest wasn't. People lost faith in pop albums in Turkey. So some young artists have tried to [create] some different kinds of music," the singer-songwriter explained to BBC London FM's DJ Ritu, who visited İstanbul recently to conduct the interview.

Noting that the songs in his newest album preserve the Turkish essence of his music, the megastar also said, "It's nice that some young talents are trying to be more valuable with their music."

During the interview Tarkan also announced a concert tour to take place in Turkey this summer, to be preceded by a live performance in London's Wembley Arena on April 13. The stylish pop star, best known for his energetic stage shows during concerts, said he was excited about the upcoming show, which will be his first in London in seven years. "It has been 15 years since I was professionally involved in my career and I am always nervous before every show. … the moment I'm on stage, the moment I meet my fans, the excitement just goes away and I feel so relaxed and at home. But it's been so long since I've been in London … and I'm a little nervous and I want that venue to be full, packed -- and I want to have a lot of fun with my fans."

The 36-year-old artist said the Wembley show would include a mixture of all his albums to date, rather than merely a live performance of tracks from "Metamorfoz," which took him around one-and-a-half years to complete and which he defines as "more Western influenced … and more electronic."

Meanwhile, Tarkan's Turkey tour will be followed by several gigs in Germany, where he was born and lived until his early teens, and before that he is slated to perform at Hermitage Square in St. Petersburg, where he will give a concert on May 27 as part of Turkish Culture Year events in Russia. Among his plans is a show in Mexico as well, he said in the interview, adding that alongside music, he wanted to start a new phase in his life in which he spends more time on charity projects.

Last month the Billboard magazine reported that the artist was in discussions over taking part in a series of international concerts planned by non-profit global peace advocacy group World Peace One, along with some of the world's best-known acts including U2, Madonna, Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith. The concerts, slated to begin May 17, are being planned as a part of the group's 10-year campaign to also include education and government initiatives.

"Besides music I'm starting to work on this new path in my life. … I really want to help [protect] nature because I think that [people] underestimate the power of nature and that we are part of nature. There's a foundation in Turkey and we are going to do some amazing projects together," he says in the interview, referring to a partnership contract he signed earlier this year with the Doğa (Nature) Foundation, a Turkish NGO for nature conservation.

"I just went on this journey in Turkey a few days ago, taking pictures of different places where nature is being destroyed. We have thousands of flamingos in Turkey, but people have to know they are there. We have to preserve nature. So I want to do some different things in my life," Tarkan says.

Source:[B]Today's Zaman (http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=137467)

stranger
02-04-08, 22:46
thank you Kenan & scorpioness for your efforts ^^

herseyim
18-04-08, 20:24
tesekkurler kenan:)

violetta
21-08-08, 01:55
thanks kenan (f)

gence
19-11-08, 00:54
Rica etsem bu röportajın birinci kısmı elinde olan bu linki yenileyebilir mi:)

Karito_11
19-11-08, 04:15
Thanks Kenan for the article :)

pare pare
29-04-09, 16:47
Kenan rica etsem linki yenilermisin ... ?

dandona
11-08-09, 09:45
tesekkurlerr kenan ve scorpioness

yandim
12-08-09, 05:27
thank you very much.