PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Skylight-Ayhan Günyıl

**MegaStarkan**
30-03-08, 14:03
Guitarist Ayhan Günyıl offers a musical journey in the sky with his own songs
http://medya.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2008/03/20/ayhan.jpg
He has played his guitar in the studio albums and orchestras of famous stars of the Turkish pop music scene -- including Tarkan, Sezen Aksu, Ajda Pekkan and Nilüfer.

But all that time he was collecting his emotional tunes inside and he has finally set them free to share them with audiences in his debut album, “Skylight.” Guitarist Ayhan Günyıl, already an established name for famous singers in the pop music market, is now being backed by some of the biggest names in the genre -- including Deniz Seki, Tarkan, İzel and Cihan Okan -- who lent their voices to songs on Günyıl’s album. Günyıl talks about the feelings in his own music and his very first album to Today’s Zaman.
You started playing guitar at the age of 15. Did dream about playing guitar onstage during those days or did somebody motivate you in particular?

My brother bought me my first guitar. In fact, I was not that motivated [to play the guitar] when he bought it for me. At the end of 1983, when I came back to Turkey from Germany, I took the exams for music school, but I couldn’t make it. When I failed, it gave me more motivation to succeed.

So your failure motivated you in a way. What did you do with that ambition?

I got my first lessons from famous guitarist Yurdaer Doğulu. I also took guitar lessons from Raffi Arslanyan on classical guitar for about three or four years and he gave me a great deal of inspiration. In the mid ‘90s I started to work with professional singers and bands [as a backing guitarist]. I played the guitar in the orchestra of singer Banu Kırbağ in 1992. One of the first singers I worked with was [classic Turkish singer-songwriter] Yıldırım Gürses. Then I accompanied pop singer Ege. I worked with Yaşar for 10 years. Then I had a chance to work with Sezen Aksu onstage. I have been working with Tarkan since 1998.

Some of the stars you just named, like Tarkan and Nilüfer, represented breakthroughs for your career. What other well-known names have you worked with so far?

I played on Tarkan’s studio albums and also worked with him in live performances. I worked with Nilüfer, Ajda Pekkan and Sezen Aksu in their numerous live performances. It’s hard to give all the names, but all of them have supported me so far.

How did you come up with the idea of a solo album? Can it be said that you are joining in the trend with clarinetists Kirpi Bülent and Hüsnü Şenlendirici, who also released instrumental albums of their own after working with famous stars?

Actually, I have no worries about being a part of a trend or something. The musicians I worked with encouraged me to do my own album. İzel, in particular, gave me a great deal of courage. It’s the best way to express myself as an artist.

Can you talk about the preparation process for the album?

I worked for three years to come up with my own style. I did many experimental works to find out the best way to express myself. In particular, I tried to be as clever as possible on the orchestration.

The opening song of your album is an instrumental take on one of Tarkan’s most famous songs, “Gitti Gideli” (Since She’s Been Gone), with vocals by Deniz Seki. There are also many featured guest musicians on the album. How do you feel about the outcome?

Tarkan’s song is very special to me. I used to enjoy that song so much while Tarkan was singing on the stage and I was performing as a guitarist. I feel very lucky that so many popular and prestigious names gave me this much support for my debut.

Why is Tarkan featured on the track “Skylight,” rather than on his own song?

Tarkan listened to each and every track on the album and he loved “Skylight.” Even though the title had not been chosen at the moment he listened to it, I wanted his vocals on the track “Yalnızlığım” (My Loneliness), but he chose “Skylight,” and now the song is also the album’s title track.

Speaking of the album’s title, what does “skylight” symbolize?

Sky represents dreams to me. It means imagination, it symbolizes the place you want to be. I chose “skylight” because we talk about light and it refers to hope and dreams. Tarkan brings you to your dreams with his vocal style.

Cihan Okan’s vocal performance is great on the track “Flowers Dance.” What do you think about the vocals on the album?

Vocals enriched the songs. For instance, when we made “Flowers Dance,” we knew that Cihan Okan would be the best choice for an ethnic-style vocal performance.

What inspires you when you are composing your songs? For instance, some musicians are nourished by sadness. What about you?

I become more creative when I am happy, rather than sad. Listeners are going to feel the same on my album. My songs are full of hope and happiness. Of course, some of the songs might give a feeling of sadness, too, but I compose songs when I feel happy.

Who do you listen to in your daily life? Do you have guitar idols?

When it comes to guitar, I love flamenco. Paco de Lucia and Vicente Amigo are my favorites. Vicente Amigo’s style feels more expressive when he plays. When I listen to music in my daily life, I listen to (the rock band) Toto.

Now that you have your debut album out, any dreams about your future career?

I do not like to make too many plans for the future. But I would like to play in various countries at festivals. I would like to reach more and more audiences with my songs. This album is just the beginning.
Source: Today's Zaman (http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=137257)

Rumeli59
30-03-08, 18:03
Kenan thank you very much

Kolbandi
03-05-08, 14:29
Thank you kenan for the news..

hsaex123
03-05-08, 18:35
Thank you:)

violetta
21-08-08, 01:57
thanks kenan for news :)