PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : TRT to sign rock band Mor ve Ötesi for Eurovision

**MegaStarkan**
17-12-07, 12:43
TRT to sign rock band Mor ve Ötesi for Eurovision
Turkish state broadcaster the Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) is in the final stages of talks with alternative rock band Mor ve Ötesi in efforts to pick a strong contender to represent Turkey in next year’s Eurovision song contest, officials said.

TRT General Manager İbrahim Şahin told Today’s Zaman on Sunday that they have reached an agreement in principle with the successful band to represent Turkey in the 53rd edition of the contest. TRT previously shortlisted five acts for the deed, with pop singer Tarkan topping the bill. However, Tarkan has rejected TRT’s offer.
Şahin said they were very close to officially signing the band, which he said would prepare a Turkish-language song for the contest. With frontman Harun Tekin on vocals, Burak Güven on bass, Kerem Kabadayı on drums and Kerem Özyeğen on lead guitar, Mor ve Ötesi won the “best album of the year” and “best rock album of the year” awards from Rolling Stone and Blue Jean magazines for their 2006 album “Büyük Düşler” (Great Expectations).

Turkey earned its first-ever Eurovision win in 2003 with Sertab Erener’s song “Everyway That I Can,” which went on to become a huge hit. Another pop singer, Kenan Doğulu, was last year’s Turkish entrant in the competition with the Turkish-language song “Shake it up Şekerim,” ranking fourth in the finals among 24 countries.

Turkish singers participating in the competition with songs featuring lyrics in English sparked debate among the public in previous years. Şahin, right after being appointed the new head of TRT last month, stated that he deemed it important that Turkey be represented in the contest with Turkish lyrics.

Source: Today's Zaman (http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=129057)

stranger
17-12-07, 17:39
hmmmmmmmmm ..
i've never heard of that band before ..
maybe i'd look for their songz ..

thanx for the news Kenan ^^

Verem06
18-12-07, 00:22
I like some songs of Mor ve otesi...thanks for the news Kenan