PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Tarkan US remix

Nephtis
01-10-07, 18:20
(not sure if it's the right section)
on Pete "Boxsta" Martin's site there's an incomplete tracklist for the
re-release of Come Closer at this page:
http://web.mac.com/boxsta1/Boxsta/Discography.html (http://web.mac.com/boxsta1/Boxsta/Discography.html)
it is said to feature, a part from Miri Ben Ari and Malverde which we
already knew about, Filly and Verbz. for infos about Filly, her
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sliideshowfilly (http://www.myspace.com/sliideshowfilly) and about Verbz, her
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/verbzonline (http://www.myspace.com/verbzonline)

what do you all think about the opportunity of featuring
unknown/debuting artists for the first hit in US and about
the "direction" this album is taking? i personally like that kind of
style they have(i know i'll probably be unpopular now, sorry but i
mostly listen to hip hop,r&b and stuff...) but i thought the album was
going to feature bigger names to make him known and to appeal to US,
not the contrary (is he going to benefit from this or them?)...

I don't think unknown people have less success. I mean Tarkan was also unknown when he launched his first album in Turkey. If you have the right songs and the right PR agency everything will be alright. Besides that we all have heard that he was in touch with Snoop Dogg, and collaborations with an artist as famous as him is a bit risky cause i think they would wanna make sure that their own name won't be slandered. They have their own reputation to maintain. And i don't think that i even have to mention the "black domination" of the soul/rnb music business. If i have to give MY opinion about his collaborations with other artist i would definitely say that he has to work together with Timbaland or Pharrell Williams. Those men kick ass!!

gence
01-10-07, 21:22
There is a song called Whos gonna love you.Why is it at tarkan section.All of the songs at tarkan section belong to tarkan but it doesnt.I em getting confused

If you read properly you can see that it actually IS one of Tarkan's new songs. Right now I just wanna hear some example songs...

stranger
01-10-07, 22:03
i ,personally, haven't listened to the re-release of the english album yet!!
only a bit of simarik and i didn't like it really !!

i can't judge the whole album right now but i can't see that this (re-release)
has changed anything!!

yeah, i want to see big names working with TARKAN .. i want to see a drastic change in his music style .. i wanna see 'im rockin' :24:

actually i really loved MURATs style , dances , rythm , beats ..
i know that some of you are saying he's copying TARKAN and i agree
in someway but his music is a little , maybe in my opinion , more likable
or interesting for the US >> well if he would think about universality

this is another subject i guess ^^!!
thanx for the bringing up the subject ..

oh i forgot something !!
i didn't know about "who's gonna love you" ?? it is new for me ..
thanx again ^^

Inge
02-10-07, 04:00
Please people do not be confused. The USA release (re-release) of Come Closer is not yet finished. There is only one version of Come Closer available now and that is the album that was made in 2006, issued by Universal.

So it does not matter where you have bought your Come Closer album, they are all exported out of Europe, into the USA.

The upcoming USA version, with new remixes and several new songs, is right now being worked at by Tarkan, Pete Boxta Martin and many others. On this album there will be some collaborations, like with Miri Ben Ari ( a femaile violin player who makes funky music).

So please don't say that the Come Closer album is exactly the same as the 2006 one, because right now, the 2006 album is the only one available. It may come with different album booklets ( some have only two pages, others have like ten). But as long as the album has no sign of Miri Ben Ari, or other songs, it still is the old one.

The new USA remix version is expected somewhere in 2008. Will keep you all informed when it is in your shops...I want one too!!!

love, Inge

Nephtis
02-10-07, 14:44
who said that it is the same as the 2006 version? O_o

If i have to give MY opinion about his collaborations with other artist i would definitely say that he has to work together with Timbaland or Pharrell Williams. Those men kick ass!!

aren't you contradicting with what you said before? because my point is exactly that such a collaboration would be great for him, not only because I admire their work but also because it would boost the chances of success of the album. I'm sorry but as much as I like the style of those artists (Filly etc.), and I already said I do, I'm not too sure about the probabilities of success of this release...seeing as things went with the first release too. I wish him to succeed because he deserves it tho.

**MegaStarkan**
03-10-07, 01:21
thank you for this topic ;)

Bounce(Featuring Malverde and Filly)

Who is Malverde? I've never heard about him/her before.

Maybe it's a good strategy to work with unknown artists like filly. But on the other hand I'm not really pleased about this fact because what does Tarkan want to do? His name will be mentioned with people who even aren't known yet. He won't make really a profit.

Gorkie
03-10-07, 01:24
And he doesnt have to work with them.Okay they re kickin asses which are gettin a hit,probably.But they are makin Music,not being in Music as like Tarkan.I mean he can do what Timbaland does cuz the important point is the song,its lyrics and melodies.This is talent access as i suppose to say.It doesnt make him topless that if he doesnt create a new song with them.Besides they are the fame named ones.Ppl is lookin forward by them.I agree this.But if Tarkan has a chance to work them together,he must give a try.As If Tarkan hasnt met them yet,forget about it.He can do so much better that i believe in him ;)..

Nephtis
04-10-07, 00:58
actually I don't know any of these artists, neither Miri Ben Ari nor Malverde, with "we already know about them" I meant they were mentioned in some news or roumors about Tarkan a while ago. I think it was Boxsta's website when the album was said to feature Snoop Dogg too.
Malverde I read is a mexican rapper but as far as I know a new artist aswell, no idea if he ever released something or whatsoever...