PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Emerging pop star Murat Boz: On his way to global stardom?

**MegaStarkan**
10-04-07, 21:10
Turkish music stations have recently been airing a video named "Maximum" with captivating -- or at least very easy to remember -- lyrics.
http://medya.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2007/04/03/murat-boz.jpg

The song, with its timely release, is likely to become a dance hit this summer. And its singer, the up-and-coming pop star Murat Boz, is considered to be the heir to the throne of Turkey's mega-star, Tarkan.

The 27-year-old Boz hit music stores last July with his debut single "Aşkı Bulamam Ben." His very first album "Maximum" was released just a few months ago. Most critics and music authorities in Turkey already agree that Boz, who has made a considerably speedy start to his pop music career, is a brand-new idol and that he has a bright future in music.

The young singer has been rushing from one live gig to another. Last week he returned from a series of concerts in Eskişehir and İzmir, and now he is on his way to a European tour.

Boz spoke to Today's Zaman in an exclusive interview a day before he flew to Vienna, the first stop on his tour, which will also include concerts in Germany and France.

Becoming an international celebrity is a traditional "obsession" in the Turkish music industry. In recent years numerous Turkish artists have attempted to gain international acclaim as their ultimate goals. Among them so far, Tarkan has managed -- to some extent -- to become known internationally, but no newcomers have yet followed in his footsteps.

Could Boz be the next "international voice" of Turkey? "He is the one," is already being professed by some music authorities. With his trendy looks and music that can easily be appreciated by Western audiences, Boz is believed to have the ability to become a worldwide celebrity in the near future. But he is very humble. "Making an album in English is amongst my plans for the future. It would be a great honor to carry Turkish melodies to the international stage, but I have a long road to travel before that," he says.

Boz has already won tens of thousands of fans throughout Turkey, especially among young girls, not only with his singing but also with his good looks and with his sexy dancing. "There was a lack of new talent. I think people put me there," he says.

Boz was also among the singers that the Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) suggested participate in this year's Eurovision song contest. But Boz thinks he has more to do in music before representing Turkey in an international competition. He believes Turkey's Eurovision entry "Shake it up Şekerim" is a lovely song and that its singer, Kenan Doğulu, "will return from Finland with a major achievement."

While Boz is dubbed the biggest rival to Tarkan, some people criticize him for being too reminiscent of the other singer, who became popular worldwide in 2000 with his hits songs "Şıkıdım" and "Şımarık." Boz was at that time a backup singer for Tarkan. "I have learnt a lot from him; we shared the same stage for five years. We are not rivals, just the opposite -- we are like brothers," Boz said.

Nowadays, both cinema and TV producers are chasing Boz. As a brand-new face, Boz has been receiving offers to act in movies and TV series, to host TV shows and appear in advertisements, but he politely rejects them all. He is cautious about any project other than music. Boz has made a decision to focus on his musical career. This is his plan for his talent management, which is also very similar to that of Tarkan. "I want to last in the music industry and be remembered only for my songs," he says.

To see the original source click here (http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=107183)

**MegaStarkan**
10-04-07, 21:40
I like the way Murat Boz is singing and dancing but I don't agree that Murat Boz is the heir to Tarkan. None of the Turkish stars can be like Tarkan.

Boz was also among the singers that the Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) suggested participate in this year's Eurovision song contest. I'm dying to know what would come out if Murat Boz participated in this year's Eurovison song contest. Maybe he would be a better choice for the Eurovision than Kenan Doglu. He has nothing to lose. But Kenan Doglu would receive a setback in case of loss.

We are not rivals, just the opposite -- we are like brothers," Boz said.
That's fine :D
I am almost inclined to think that Murat Boz is just acting. Maybe he sees Tarkan in his toughts as a rival. But I should better think the best of Murat Boz :)

M-Yildiz
10-04-07, 22:28
I'am totally agree with you Kenan..
Muraz would be a perfect choice for the eurovision contest, he is new he is young and look handsome..As you said he got nothing to lose:)

About the "rival" thing. No I dont think he will be a rival to Tarkan in the future. I am sure that the media will do what ever they can do to make them rivals. But no it will not happen;)

Olya TnUnited
10-04-07, 22:53
Kenan my dear! I absolutely agree with u!!! come on ppl grew up with Tarkan's music!!! look at me hehehe....Tarkan is the best the highest and the BEST BEST BEST!!! HAHA :1:

I don't believe that we can talk about Murat Boz being an international superstar yet. None of us has seen his real skills, i mean c'mon he's new! It's just too soon to talk about future projects. He's not looking bad, i also agree that he has an enjoyable voice... but he doesn't have that EXTRA thing if u know what i mean.
For example when i'm watching his videos or his performances i don't see something new. And if u wanna BE(come) somebody in the music business you have to create original stuff. You can have millions of successful ppl behind you, supporting you with whatever you're doing... but if you don't have that -let's call it X-factor" you dont mean shittt

Verem06
11-04-07, 02:29
mmm for me Murat could be a new international star :20: ...his music is very good,he's young and have a nice look..I don't see him like a Tarkan rival but he can be other wonderful turkish artist with potential for a international star

A thing is true Tarkan is like a legend :21: lol nobody is like him:13: ...his style is unique because himself is unique too:41:

**MegaStarkan**
11-04-07, 23:18
By the way I forgot to mention that it doesn't matter what Murat Boz is going to be in future because the most essential thing is that Tarkan is the first international singer of Turkey. Murat Boz can't really do something special like Tarkan....
On the whole I agree to Duygu but I think that Murat Boz brought from Europe to Turkey a well known dance style and therefore people like him because that's something different for them

TurkishCofe
12-04-07, 12:39
Okay guys,, I really wish very g0o0od luck for all the Turkish singers, I'm sure they'll do good and we'll like their songs... BUT let them not to forget that no one can be like @>-- TARKAN @>--

nuny
14-04-07, 14:03
kenan,
the competitiveness is desired in this domain!
And nobody can be heir to tarkan...
Simply!: Tarkan is Exceptional case!
Yes Boz is nice singer but never ever can look like tarkan!
It's out of his hand!
But, common ,, he's new yet!
Hehehehehe
Ok he sayed " we are not rivals"
he's lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All singers are rivals to each other..
Tarkan is the king .. like no other . & never be ..
I feel that I wanna give him an oriented advice!
I want to tell him " don't joke with the king of pop Or u become the big looser"!
Hehehehe am I right ?? I think so
In addition, he bring up nothing to the Turk muzic!!
Is it alright or not??
What can I say else .. in another hand he is qute ..
But, I know he knows that no body can be like the Mega Star ..
may be he want to make the press to do some attention and ticklers!!!!!
Lol
Why not ??
:9:
:1:

Arabian Dudu
19-04-07, 14:22
NO ONE CAN BE THE HEIR FOR TARKAN OR EVEN CLOSE TO HIM !!!!!!!!!!!! :13:
Murat is a nice singer himself , and i like few songs for him, but not at allllllllllllllllllll like Tarkan !!!
& There is no way he can !!!
I agree with Kenan and nura too ..
Tarkan is the main and all the singers are options behind him !
If any one thinks that he can be the heir for :54:a:52:k:35:n He or She is dreaming !! :12:
WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!! :5:
HE A SPECIAL CASE !!!!
AND A SPECIAL CASE COMES FEW TIMES IN LIFE AND HE IS ONE OF THEM !!
Tarkan is the one and He is absolutly The BEST , BEST , BEST , the VERY BEST !!!
:1:
OOOFF ~!!
there is alot i want to say !!
but .... i can put it in order !!! cause io can't imagine any one like our beloved TARKAN !!! :6:
That's bad !! :14: