PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Kenan Dogulu plans Helsinki bid

**MegaStarkan**
29-12-06, 02:18
http://www.esctoday.com/images/2007_pre/dogulu.jpg
Turkey's popular singer Kenan Dogulu’ could be a candidate to represent his country at the Eurovision Song Contest next May in Helsinki and he wants to perform a song by Sezen Aksu if he wins the opportunity acording to Turkish Eurovision Song Contest site, onikipuan.com.
Kenan Doğulu is one of the most popular musicians in the last ten years of the Turkish music scene and next year maybe has the opportunity to represent his country at the 52nd Eurovision Song Contest in Finland. Local press in Turkey reported that TRT are in contact with him but there is not an official confirmation yet. The broadcaster are still believed to be in the early stage of discussing their participation in Helsinki.

It seems that Doğulu is refusing to deny the rumours and would be honoured to be Turkey's entrant. He also expressed his will to perform a song by Sezen Aksu if he wins the opportunity. It won't be the first time that the two singers will work together as on his latest album, Festival, released in 2006, he collaborated with her.

Deniz Seki, a famous singer in Turkey, is quoted as saying 'Kenan should go to Eurovision' and Sezen is reportedly thinking over the possibility of providing a song for the project'. She has also worked on various project with the highly popular Turkish star, Tarkan.

Last year's Turkish Eurovision Song Contest participant, Sibel Tuzun has also gone on record saying that Kenan would be good for the competition. She also said that 'The song should not be Turkish if it is to be a pop song, and it should be sung in English'.

Source Name : esctoday.com, Netherlands
Source Url : http://www.esctoday.com
Publish Date : Dec 10, 2006

**MegaStarkan**
29-12-06, 02:20
Kenan Dogulu, Turkey’s choice for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki in May, has enjoyed, unanimous support by the Turkish media, star system and public so far. On the other hand he hasn’t escaped criticism for his intention to do a song in English mainly. Some comments of his in the Turkish Press have triggered angry reactions by the Turkish Language Association.
Kenan told the reporters that he will have to prepare three songs in a very short time and that is not going to be easy. Still, he has the responsibility to represent Turkey and he will certainly do his job. He also added that he is open to suggestions right now.

When asked whether he worried about not being successful, Kenan said: “It is impossible not to, but I look at things in a positive way. I have already released 140 songs in my career, I could survive a bad result”.

Kenan will not be alone in this. He will be working with his brother Ozan and Turkish megastar Sezen Aksu. Sezen is said to have encouraged Kenan in the first place to go for Helsinki. Working with Sezen, who is an accomplished singer, songwriter and composer makes Kenan feel more confident about a positive result for Turkey. Actually he has stated that Sezen Aksu is his “guarantee” . Emphasis will be put more on the musical part of the song than the lyrics and he will aim at something that appeals to younger ages.

Another Turkish star, Tarkan, expressed publicly his support to Dogulu. He said the press: “I fully support Kenan, I am sure he will come back with a positive result. The contest will open many doors for him. We must support each other”.

Negative reactions
As expected, there have been negative reactions to Kenan’s intention to sing his song in English rather than Turkish. The same thing had happened in the past with Sertab Erener who won the competition for Turkey in 2003 singing Every way that I can in English. Kenan said that “it’s an old minded people’s idea that the song must be in Turkish.” To that the Turkish Language Association (TDK* in Turkish) reacted immediately demanding Kenan to apologise, something which the singer did, as Kannal 1 reported today. TDK opposes the idea of the song in English rather strongly. They stated that:

“If the miracle was about singing in English, then the UK wouldn’t be last when Sertab won with an English song in 2003. The thing that has to be done is to participate with a song with Turkish lyrics! Dogulu’s statement insulted the Turkish language. Furthermore his intention to sing in English shows that he is not self confident. The most important thing is to make a song with Turkish lyrics and a composition that will suit the lyrics”.

In TDK’s opinion, people vote for the song’s music not the lyrics. They are said to be trying to persuade TRT to renforce their previous rule that demanded all songs to be in Turkish. TDK is the official regulatory body for the Turkish language. The association acts as the official authority on the language without any enforcement power. One of its aims, as of lately, is the protection of the Turkish language against globalization and the monopoly of the English Language.

Source Name : esctoday.com, Netherlands
Source Url : http://www.esctoday.com
Publish Date : Dec 22, 2006

حبيبي تركان
31-12-06, 12:24
thanks
kenan is the best
go kenan go we r with u

şekerim
02-01-07, 18:03
öff be ne kadar uzun yazmışsın kenan nasıl çevirecemde okucamda ben bu metini yorum yapacam oooo ölme eşeğim ölme kenan

nuny
03-01-07, 07:25
Hi kenan
I rally want to say BIG THANX to you,
You are active and interactive in this site bravo
Good luck to Kenan Dogulu, I'm sure he is good singer :44:
Go, kenan << I mean the singer, not the writer
Hehehe, I'm just kidding darling
Thank you **MegaStarkan** for this item!
We all with kenan because Tarkan supports him!

tarkan's angel
20-01-07, 21:19
thanks alot kenan