PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Tarkan brings city to a pop-stop

TarkanColl
01-12-06, 17:33
9 November 2006

The long awaited arrival of the Turkish pop prince to step foot on Arabic land is over. Fans in Dubai don’t have to wait anymore as he will grace the stage tonight at the Dubai media city with Nicole Saba singing in the opening act.
http://www.khaleejtimes.ae/images/tarkan.jpgThe Turkish pop star whose music is a fusion of contemporary sounds with Turkish melodies beating at the heart is what popularized him such as the hit song “Simarik” or “kiss kiss” which was then re-released and covered by Australian singer Holly Valance. Tarkan has released several platinum selling albums during his career and has sold an estimated 15 million albums.
On performing in Dubai for the first time for his fans he says “I heard that they have wanted me to perform here for a long time. I just couldn’t believe that I had a family here for years. I didn’t expect that they would be familiar with my music, but they do know. I guess I’m excited but a little nervous too because I don’t know what to expect tomorrow as it is my first time to perform here.”
Having just arrived from Germany, he is still on tour and will be performing through out the next up coming months. When asked what the fans can expect from the show he said that he will sing the songs that they know, some of his new songs which are in English and of course his hit songs.
What many people are not aware of is that Tarkan has actually been singing from a very young age, and although his music is branded as pop, what actually sets it apart from other pop songs, is the oriental beat which stems from classical Turkish music and the poetic soulfulness in his voice. He says “I used to sing Turkish classical music when I was a child like the ottoman music. I grew up with it, it’s a deeper kind of music I guess that’s what affected my career. I guess people appreciated all that because I was saying something credible good and new”. No doubt, his fusion of pop and Turkish music is also a result of him having lived in Germany and America, so the influence of different cultures is prevalent.
So what really inspires this singing star he says “It could be anything, I mean Dubai for example can inspire me. I know when I go back to turkey I’m gonna write a song about it. It’s basically people, their lives, what they are going through, what I’m going through, the past, god, what he created, it’s all so beautiful as well songs by artists look up to like prince, Stevie wonder, U2, sting Marvin gaye. Hip hop is also inspiring very lately”.
Tarkan will be releasing a Turkish pop album soon in 6 months, but until then don’t miss your chance to see a great show prepared for tonight at Dubai Media City.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/CityHome.asp?xfile=data/citytimes/2006/November/citytimes_November30.xml&section=citytimes&col=

scorpioness
01-12-06, 17:44
teşekkürler:21:

**MegaStarkan**
01-12-06, 20:22
thnx ebru:43:
the new pop album is coming:4: :20:

raena
13-12-06, 16:35
cok cok teşekkürler ebru

حبيبي تركان
30-12-06, 12:54
مشكور على الاخبار
وانا حضرت الحفلة في دبي
كانت روعة

pussy cat
31-01-07, 16:47
^^
^
اكيد امك داعيتلك يا حظك lucky u

عقباللي :10:

I'm curious about that song he's talking about :4: sure it'll be something genius and excellent to listen to.

TurkishCofe
07-03-07, 10:50
ياوييييييييييلي انا
U know what, I like the way he's thinking, the way he's imagining things, TARKAN is one of a kind that he's so beautiful from the inside fisrt of all as much as the outside ;)

~Ashk~
27-05-07, 23:40
Thanks!
pls update with new news if possible!

wengin
29-05-07, 17:42
No doubt he'll rock over and over again, one more time!!!

casper_07
11-11-07, 23:23
bız kımse degılız kımsede bız degıl

dandona
07-08-09, 19:47
مشكور على الاخبار
وانا حضرت الحفلة في دبي
كانت روعة

hey.. do you really went to TARKAN concert?
:41: :12: :41: