PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : We will overcome prejudice

**MegaStarkan**
18-04-09, 12:28
Interest in the Kurdish language has grown since the launch of the state-owned TV station broadcasting in Kurdish. Almost all newspapers wrote headlines about the station in Kurdish. Columnists hailed this reform by penning their headlines in this language. All these were followed by a performance in Kurdish by famous Turkish pop singer Ajda Pekkan. The song “Keçe Kurdan” (Kurdish Girl), which she performed with Aynur, attracted both praise and criticism. However, Pekkan did not let the criticism bother her. “I performed this song feeling the struggles of the women mentioned in the song in my heart. Women are at the forefront, and they are struggling for a better education. The pencil should replace the sword, and enmity should be replaced by brotherhood. And we should be surrounded by songs healing our wounds,” she said.

(...)

We will overcome prejudice

http://medya.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2009/04/12/music2.jpg
Rojin (singer of Kurdish origin):

Years ago, I argued that Tarkan would one day sing in Kurdish. The current interest of many singers in singing Kurdish songs shows that art and artists may become quite influential in enhancing brotherhood and sisterhood. We will overcome prejudices and biases with the help of my colleagues and art lovers. People will pay attention to the melody and harmony of the language and the universality of music. And I hope that we will embrace each other more tightly and heal our wounds together.

(...)

For more click here (http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=172192)

gence
01-08-09, 15:23
No matter in which language they(singers) are singing.Cause I love music and it is a kind of passion I cannot give it up.It is ok,too if Tarkan sing in Kurdish or in any language.But there is one thing I care, he has to sing better than other singers:)

stranger
01-08-09, 17:14
Tarkan is the best international singer already! his fame combines the west with the east.. he's known pretty much everywhere now. and the fact that ppl around the world r reaching for him to help sort out enviromental and political issues is a clear evident..
i hope Tarkan would respond to such a messege cuz he cares about peace around the world.

dandona
09-08-09, 07:03
thanks *megastarkan* for you informations ! but TARKAN is the best for ever thanks again!!!